The company is aware of the increase in mortality rate (infant and maternal) as well as preterm birth and is gearing towards reducing that rate to an all-time low. Our midwives are responsible for providing care to women and baby during the antenatal, intra-natal and postnatal periods. Midwives provide high quality and culturally sensitive care during labor. They give care to the newborn, and manage and /or refer emergencies effectively to prevent maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity. Our Midwives may be live-in or live-out, part-time or full-time and may care for one or more children.
- Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
- Provide full antenatal care
- Provide counselling and advice before and after screening and tests.
- Identify high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists.
- Provide support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death.
- Counsel and educate new moms and/or the family, in relevant areas of health and provide a program of parenthood preparation and a complete preparation for childbirth including advice on hygiene and nutrition.
- Give support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds.